Friday, March 7, 2008

Purity through Modesty

There's that word again. Modesty. It's one of those words that makes you roll your eyes, sigh and think, "oh brother". It's a worldwide known fact that if a girl dresses in a certain way everyone they pass will take a second look. Guys, girls, adults, kids, it doesn't matter who. Most of the girls I know don't give a hoot about modesty. They wear what they want when they want. Let me describe what you might see if you take a stroll through the mall. A group of totally hot girls, with a couple of guys thrown in, walking around with boobs popping out everywhere and practically flat bellies showing to full advantage, do I paint a correct picture, or do I exaggerate? I'm just wondering what they do when they run out of money and go home. I've done a little research and it seems like the girls, and guys, that walk around like they've got it all together are mostly miserable. They haven't realized that things aren't going to satisfy that craving they have. That empty hole that makes them get a boyfriend dump him and be on the look for another. They've figured out that guys are mostly visual people and that if they'll show just enough then the guys will come pouring in. But they haven't figured out that that kind of 'love' isn't what they're looking for. They are looking for someone to tell them that they are beautiful just the way they are. Someone who won't leave them when they mess up. Some kind of stability. Well if you are one of those girls then I've got some good news. I know someone exactly like I've described. His name is... (Drum roll please)... Jesus Christ. Now before you reach for the mouse, hear me out. I have the exact same urges as you. I sit on my bed sometimes and wish a handsome prince charming would come and sweep me off my feet. That I could just forget the whole purity thing and just go do what I want. But then I think of the awesome guy God is preparing to be worthy of me. But for him to be worthy of me I have to be worthy of him. I can't go spend the night or have a make out session with a guy and expect to marry another guy who has saved all of his kisses for me and only me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Here would be this great guy who loves me with all of his heart and I've only got one half of my heart to give him. Every time you kiss another guy or have a make out session you give away a little piece of your heart. God wants you to have all of your heart to give to the special guy that he prepared for you. This doesn't mean that you can't date or hold hands. Just make sure that's as far as it goes.

No comments: